Hey there! I’m Nikki Wood. I was born and raised in the BEAUTIFUL city of Charleston, SC and married to my soulmate, Jay. Most days you can find me making silver and gold charm necklaces and pacifier clips over at Templeton Silver or sharing about clean beauty and a healthy lifestyle.
After my husband and I had trouble conceiving a baby, I sought advice from my fertility specialist and OBGYN. They discovered I had uterine cancer. After a year of meds and biopsies, the cancer was gone only to return a few short months later resulting in a full hysterectomy (ovaries and all) and no baby. This catapulted me into paying closer attention to what I was eating and how I was treating my body. I am also trying my hardest to have the healthiest environment around me.
In our first few years of marriage, we experienced many curveballs that were no fun at all. We struggled through years of infertility, cancer, and a hysterectomy. Then there was the sudden and unexpected loss of my father. Finally, Jay had to have a full hip replacement at the age of 40 after he was diagnosed with a very rare disease that caused the blood to not flow to his hips.
Through all of this, we remained devoted to being each other’s teammate (#goteamwood) and managed to still realize how lucky we are despite the things that have happened. People often ask us both how we are still smiling, laughing, and not in corner somewhere feeling sorry for ourselves. We both know that my outcome could have been so much worse and feeling sorry for ourselves accomplishes nothing.
We are definitely not giving up on the baby thing yet! There are other ways for us to become a family, but in the mean time we have two cats that are SPOILED ROTTEN. “Fur babies” is putting it lightly. One of them might have a slight obsession with me, and wherever I am, he’s not far. The other, well, it’s her world and we are just living in it!
Already using my creativity through the products I made at Templeton Silver, I’ve been wanting to start a blog for a few years now as another creative space and as a way to help others going through life’s experiences (good, bad or in between).
This will be a place of mostly fun, humorous, AND real-life talk, and I can’t wait for you to follow along. I hope that I can make you laugh and bring a little joy to your day while also giving you some helpful info, advice
Still want to hear a little more? Here are five random facts about me:
- I’m super outgoing, very talkative (my husband might say too talkative), friendly and social. The flip side to that is I can be sensitive and a smidge emotional at times.
- My husband had a big crush on me in high school and I didn’t really remember him. We met one night when we were both out with different friends, where he recognized me and told me he had a big crush on me in high school. Less than 8 months later we were engaged!
- I am in love with Charleston and slightly obsessed with her. It’s impossible not to be inspired 24/7 by the beaches and beauty that are everywhere you look.
- My friends have always been extremely important to me. I think of my closest friends as family and deeply cherish them.
- I’ve always been very good with children and have always wanted them. Not giving up on our dream!
Still here? Awesome, so glad you are! Subscribe to receive updates when I post. I promise it’s going to be awesome!